Smith Family
HIPPY HIPPY
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Time Out For Women
I can't say enough about this wonderful event. It over fills my cup every year. I am so thankful to not only go but to also be a volunteer for it with my wonderful friend Tara McMullin. I was also able to enjoy this years event with other wonderful people...Brookell, Calyn, Dawn, Kristen, and Sherilyn just to name a few. This years theme was "BECOME...... " Become a little closer to the women you are suppose to be and the women you want to be. Not in an over whelming way but in a "you can do it" "pick one thing to change" "one goal" etc....The speakers were amazing and the music was beautiful and touching. There was tons of great parts that touched my heart and soul... One song that had a profound effect on me was "in the meantime". I found out later that I already had this song on my church playlist. I have listened to it many times since. My conclusion from listening to the song is this.... be content.... it is good to have goals and dreams but "in the meantime" enjoy life and whatever I might be going through and experiencing. It is preparing and molding me into what I am suppose to be. Sometimes I forget to enjoy where I am now. I get carried away with my wants and wishes.... I love my life, I love being a mom, a daughter, a sister, and a friend, (and GF) :) and although I wish my life was a certain way (RIGHT NOW)... I know that God is watching over me and giving me the experiences to help me grow and BECOME ME what I am suppose to be, in his time.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment